Use forums to organize your discussion topics into categories. Your course can have multiple forums and topics, but you must create a forum before you can create a topic since all topics belong to forums.
1. To create a Forum, access the discussions tool by clicking Tools on the Course Home navigation bar. Then select Discussions.
2. Click New, and then select New Forum from the drop-down menu.
3. Enter a Title and Description for your Forum. The following settings can be applied:
- Allow anonymous posts - Select this option if you want to enable users to post anonymously.
- A moderator must approve individual posts before they display in the forum - Select this option to ensure that posts are approved by a moderator before they display in the forum.
- Users must start a thread before they read and reply to other threads in each topic - Select this option to ensure user participation.
- Display forum description in topics - Select this option to display a discussion forum description within a discussion topic description.
- Availability - Select visibility options for your forum.
- Locking Options - Select locking options to prevent users from accessing the forum until it is unlocked.
4. Click Save and Close.