Student access to quizzes in eLC can be adjusted to provide individuals with extended or alternative time – either for a specific quiz or for all quizzes in the course.
These instructions may be followed in order to configure your quizzes for special access to provide extended time.
1. Navigate to the Quizzes Tool by choosing Tools -> Quizzes from the navbar or by going to Course Admin -> Quizzes.
2. Click on the dropdown to the right of the quiz for which you need to provide special
access and choose Edit.
3. Choose the Restrictions tab
4. Scroll to the Special Access section and click Add Users to Special Access
5. Set the desired Due Date and Availability for the Special Access under their respective headings. You should set this the same
as the due date and availability for the rest of the students unless you need to them
to be different for the student with accommodations.
6. Scroll to the Timing section, choose Enforced Time Limit, and enter the desired Time Limit for the accomodation.
7. Scroll to the Users section and select the student who needs the accommodation, then click Add Special Access.
8. You will now see the special access details on the Restrictions tab for the quiz. You can repeat this process for all students who need extended time.
eLC allows instructors to provide individual students accommodations across all quizzes in the course through accommodations settings within the classlist. If the View Other Users' Accommodations and the Add/Edit Accommodations permissions are turned on for your role, you can grant learners quiz accommodations from the Claslist tool. Once granted, these accommodations apply to all quiz activities in a course for that learner.
To grant quiz accommodations from the Classlist:
1. Within your course in eLC, navigate to your Classlist.
2. Click on the context menu of the learner to whom you want to grant a quiz accommodation, and then click Edit Accommodations.
3. To grant a learner additional time on a quiz, under Quizzes > Timing, select the Modify Time Limit check box and then grant the time either in terms of quiz time multipliers or minutes:
- To grant the additional time in terms of quiz time multipliers, select the Multiplier of original quiz time radio button and specify the number of times. For example, 1.5 times more than the
original time on the quiz.
- To grant the additional time in terms of minutes, select the Extra time radio button and specify the number of extra minutes.
4. To enable learners to right-click while taking a quiz, under Controls, select the Always Allow Right Click check box.
5. Click Save.