Creating Private Discussion Topics for Individual Students
In eLC, you can create private discussion topics for indivudal students so only you and the student have access to their posts. This is one way to have students keep a private journal or blog for a course.
1. To create the private discussion topics, first create a set of one-member groups (one for each students in the class). To do this, go to tools on the Course Home navigation bar, and click Groups.
2. Click New Category.
3. Choose the following settings:
- Category Name: Journal Assignment (or the name of your assignment)
- Enrollment Type: Single-user, member specific groups
- Check Set up discussion areas.
4. Click Save.
5. The next screen will ask you to set up the Discussion areas. You can click New Forum to create a separate forum for all of the Journal topics. This will help you stay organized.