Setting up Notifications
You can set up the notifications center in eLC to receive notification messages about important events in one or more courses. You can customize the settings to select what you are notified about and how notifications are delivered.
There are two ways to access the notifications center in eLC:
1. You can click on your username on the top right corner and then select the Notifications item from the pop-up window
2. Or you can click on the Announcements drop-down menu in your home page and select the Notifications.
1. In Contact Methods, select how you want to be notified about eLC updates. You can choose to select email and/or SMS notifications. Click change your email settings to set up your preferred email account or register your mobile to set up SMS notifications.
2. You can either use the system email, which is automatically connected to your UGAMail, or you can enter a custom email. Make sure you click save once you are done.
3. Provide your mobile phone information in the pop-up window. Enter the country, mobile carrier, and mobile number. Click Save.
4. The eLC system will send a confirmation code via SMS to the mobile number provided.
Enter the four-digit number in the Confirmation Code box and click Confirm.
5. If you have problems receiving the confirmation code, click Resend my confirmation
code. Note that mobile phone notifications will be activated after you complete this step.
6. In the section Summary of Activity, you can choose to receive a daily summary of eLC courses updates. If you wish to activate this feature, select Daily from the drop-down menu and choose the time the notification should be sent. Otherwise, you can leave it as Never.
7. Select the information you want to be notified about in the Instant Notifications section by checking off the email and/or SMS contact methods. For instance, you can check box off the email and SMS boxes to receive a notification whenever an announcement update is posted in your eLC courses.
8. In the Customize Notifications section, you can choose to receive grade values in notifications about grades or receive notifications about past, future, or inactive courses.
9. By default, all courses are included in the notifications system. If you do not wish to receive notifications about specific courses, you can manage course exclusions.
10. To locate a course, you can type up the course name or code in the search box or browse through the pages at the bottom. Click the X to exclude a course from the notifications system. You can also Exclude all courses at once by clicking on that button. If you wish to add courses back to the notifications system, click Restore excluded courses.
11. Click Save at the bottom of notifications center page to save your settings.