Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
Blackboard Collaborate Service Issues: Monday, March 23rd 2020, 9:00 am
Collaborate users calling into sessions may get a message stating that the call cannot be completed or a busy signal. If you receive a busy signal, please join the session using your computer or mobile device for audio. Blackboard is working to resolve the issues. Current status updates from Blackboard can be found at status.blackboard.com
We will update via announcements. All of these incidents will be updated in real-time via: https://status.uga.edu/#/
If you are experiencing issues with either Blackboard Collaborate or Kaltura, please contact the EITS Helpdesk via one of the following options:
phone: (706) 542-3106
This page contains instructions to access and use Blackboard Collaborate Ultra within eLC. For a list of all available features, visit https://en-us.help.blackboard.com/Collaborate/Ultra/Administrator/030_Changes
- Accessing Collaborate Ultra in eLC
- Course Room
- Creating a Session
- Viewing Recordings
- Other Support Resources
Navigate to your course in eLC.
If you are using the course default navigation bar, you will see a link for Collaborate Ultra in the Tools dropdown menu.
If you have customized your course navigation bar, you will need to add the link to Collaborate Ultra to your course navigation.
1. Click Edit Course, and click Navigation and Themes.
2. To customize any of the navigation bars, you must first make a copy. Click the drop-down arrow next to the name of the navigation bar you want to copy, and click Copy. Then, click on the copy you created to customize.
3. You can add Collaborate Ultra directly to the menu or to the tools dropdown. To add Collaborate Ultra to the tools dropdown, click the Tools dropdown, and then click "Edit Group Properties"
4. Click "Add Existing Link" and locate the Collaborate Ultra link. Click Add.
5. Click Save, and then Save and Close to save your changes.
Once you can access the link in your course navigation, click the Collaborate Ultra link to open Collaborate Ultra.
The course room is an open session specifically for your course. Click "Join room" to join the session any time.
Note that even if you have created specific sessions, the Join Room button always goes to the Course Room session. If you like, you can click on the Course Room settings button ( ... ) and Lock the room. Once the Course Room is locked, you can go to the settings button again to unlock it.
Click Create Session to set up a new session. Enter a Name for the session and set the Start and End time. Check No end (open session) to always keep the session open or Repeat session to set up a repeating schedule for the session. You can set the Early Entry time for participants to join the session up to an hour before the start time.
Click Session Settings to show additional settings for the session. Once you are done, click Save.
Click the Menu button and choose Recordings to view any session recordings you have made.
Click a recording in the list and choose Watch Now to view the recording.
Click the Menu (...) icon to see additional options for the recording. If you checked Allow recording downloads in the session settings you can download the recording by clicking Download.
- If you have any questions about using Collaborate Ultra in your course, contact the EITS Helpdesk or submit a Blackboard Collaborate support request.
- For more detailed information on how to use Collaborate Ultra, visit the Blackboard Collaborate support documentation. We recommend the three-minute video on that page as a great overview of features!
- Collaborate Ultra Help for Participants
- Having trouble with your session? Report an issue to Blackboard
- Phone support for Collaborate is also available directly from Blackboard 24 hours
a day, 7 days a week: 1-877-382-2293