UGA Network Maintenance
Scheduled for: March 9, 8:00 AM - 11:59 PM
eLC will be inaccessible on Saturday, March 9, beginning at 8:00 AM until approximately 11:59 PM
EITS will conduct scheduled network maintenance that will result in an outage of campus Internet access and access to campus information systems.
- For this maintenance, the Boyd Data Center will undergo network maintenance. Systems that use services in the Boyd Data Center will experience an outage. This also includes UGA websites hosted in the Boyd Data Center.
- Individuals will also experience an outage to UGA’s Central Authentication System (CAS) to log in to UGA-provided information systems, such as eLearning Commons (eLC), Athena, Banner Administrative System, Degree Works, UGA Financial Management System, UGA Budget Management System, UGAJobs, UGAmart, OneUSG Connect, and OneUSG Connect Benefits.
- Individuals off campus during the maintenance window, will experience an outage accessing UGAMail, websites hosted by UGA, the Virtual Private Network (VPN), ArchPass Duo and information systems hosted by EITS.
- All systems behind the Central Departmental firewalls will experience an outage to their access to the UGA network.
Additional details and progress reports will be posted at status.uga.edu and on the EITS Twitter feed at @uga_eits.
10.8.10 Maintenance Release Update
Scheduled for: March 1, 2019
- When accessing Assignments, the list view now displays updated information. Previously instructors would see information on the assignment name, Total Submissions, Unread Submissions, Flagged Submissions, and Due Date. Now instructors see information on the assignment name, the number of learners who have completed the assignment, the number of learners who have been evaluated, the number of learners who have had feedback published, and the Due Date. This allows instructors to quickly determine what assignments they need to evaluate, how far along they are with their evaluations, and if they have published the evaluations.
- Learners also have an updated view of the assignments list, and are now able to see the assignment name, the Completion Status (Not Submitted, Submitted, Completed), their Score, The Evaluation Status (Not yet evaluated, Feedback: unread, Feedback: read), and the Due Date. This change to the list view allows learners to easily locate unfinished assignments, as well as access their scores and view instructor feedback on their work.
- Improved rubric creation experience| Updated
To improve on the new rubric creation experience, rubric creation has been changed to a single-page workflow. Clicking New in the Rubrics tool immediately brings the user to the rubric authoring page. As well, the two previous Rubric Tool options Properties and Levels and Criteria are now condensed into a single Edit option.
10.8.8 Maintenance Release Update
Scheduled for: December 27, 2018
eLC will be unavailable on December 27-28 to move to a new platform and upgrade to the latest version of Brightspace by D2L (the system behind eLC).
When the migration is complete, eLC will be on Brightspace by D2L version 10.8.8. This update will provide tool fixes and enhancements but no major changes to the system. This migration will not affect any content in eLC.
D2L’s Continuous Delivery model for system updates to eLC will begin in January 2019. Through Continuous Delivery, D2L will release features and fixes on a monthly basis, with no downtime for regular maintenance or updates.
Highlights of tool improvements after the update to version 10.8.8:
Daylight(The D2L User Interface):
- Additional banner images for course homepages that have increased diversity and educational context will be available.
- Instructors are able to change, with increased ease, banner images for course homepages or upload their own image.
- Instructors are able to edit the course title that appears within the banner image on their course homepages.
My Courses Widget:
- Instructors have the new ability to group and sort courses within the My Courses widget.
- The HTML editor that appears within eLC will have several improvements, including emoticons, the ability to edit images inline, and the addition of a chemistry equation editor.
- Locked Name column and header row will now be visible within Grades, so that instructors can scroll through user grades without losing the context for which and whose grades they are looking at.
- Grade release dates will be included in the Grade Event Log.
- Fewer button clicks will be needed to begin and submit quizzes.
- Quizzes will now display in full screen.
- Quiz responses will be auto-saved during quiz taking.
- New assignment types have been added. These types are included below:
- Text type - The new Text Submission type allows learners to create text documents for submission directly in Assignments using a rich text editor, eliminating the need to attach a file.
- On Paper submission - Assignments are submitted directly to instructors in class, but allow evaluation and feedback to be completed in eLC.
- Observed in person - A presentation can also be observed in person and evaluated in eLC. Both new assignments can be marked as complete by learners, automatically marked as complete on their due date, or marked as complete upon evaluation by the instructor, depending on how the assignment is configured.
- Grading discussions - Total score dialog box now opens as a pop-up and travels with the thread.
- Instructors will find it easier to create group and section threads in existing topics.
- Instructors can now post a discussion thread to all the associated groups/sections from a group discussion topic.
- Instructors can now associate existing discussion topics to a new group or section during the group or section creation process. In addition, Instructors can associate existing discussion topics to groups or sections not associated with any other discussion topic.
- New interface exists for creating Rubric definition.
- Instructors will have the ability to control rubric visibility.
- Instructors will experience improvements to features and workflows in the rubrics grading experience in Assignments