Zoom is an online meeting tool that allows for video or audio conferencing from desktops or mobile devices. Zoom features include video conferencing, VOIP or telephone audio, desktop sharing and collaboration tools, as well as personalized desktop control.
Follow these steps to schedule a meeting in Zoom.
1. Click the Zoom menu on the eLC homepage and choose Manage Zoom Account to login to Zoom using UGA SSO. You can also login by going to zoom.uga.edu and clicking the Sign in button.
2. Click Meetings on the left side to see a list of your Zoom meetings. Click Schedule a New Meeting to set up a new meeting.
3. Enter a Topic (Name) for the meeting, set a time, and choose if this will be a recurring meeting. Make
sure that Meeting ID is set to Generate Automatically so that a unique meeting is created.
4. Check Require meeting password to make the meeting more secure. Once you have finished making any other changes to
meeting settings, click Save.
1. Click a meeting in the Meetings list togo to the Meeting Information page. This page will also be shown after you create a meeting. Copy the Join URL next to Invite Attendees – this is the link which students will use to join the meeting.