The Announcements tool is helpful for distributing information to your students, especially if they have set up notifications for your course.
To create an Announcement:
1. Go to your course home page and locate the Announcements widget. Click the drop-down arrow next to Announcements and click New Announcement.
2. Type a headline, then the content of your announcement in the Text Editor.
3. Configure the availability of the announcement. We recommend always adding an End Date to your announcement - this will prevent old announcements from being sent out when you copy content into new courses.
4. You can also add attachments or release conditions.
5. Click Publish to publish your announcement on your course home page.