Films on Demand
Films on Demand is a streaming service provided by the UGA Libraries, offering educational films from the the arts and humanities; social sciences; business and economics; health and medicine; and science and mathematics as well as a collection of United Newsreels.
You can now add videos from Films on Demand directly to your eLC course, and this tutorial will guide you through the process.
1. Open the desired course and select Content from the navbar or below the course image.
2. Select the desired module you wish to add Films on Demand to. You may also choose to create a new module "on the fly."
3. Click the Upload/Create button, and from the drop-down menu, select Create File.
4. Enter a name in the title field and click the Insert Stuff button.
5. From the list of sources, click Films on Demand to select it.
6. Use the search function to find the desired video in Films on Demand. When you locate the desired video, select "Embed Small", "Embed Medium", or "Embed Large" from the dropdown on the right. The selection determines the size of the preview of the embedded video in the course.
8. A preview of the video will appear. In the lower left corner of the page, click the Insert button.
9. Click Save and Close to allow students immediate access to the content, or select Save to save the content and continue editing.