At UGA we have access to several of Turnitin’s tools, including Feedback Studio, Originality, PeerMark, and Draft Coach.
Feedback Studio and Originality allow you to grade and give feedback on written assignments, while also providing information about the originality of your students’ work. In eLC you can create a Turnitin assignment, which will then allow you to engage with your students’ submitted work through Turnitin (while ensuring that grades are recorded accurately in your eLC gradebook).
Originality check has been renamed to Similarity Report and GradeMark is now Online
Grading. Instructors can now restrict file types. Turnitin supported files types are:
HTM; HTML; Doc; Docx; HWP; ODT; RTF; WPD; TXT; PS; PDF; pptx; ppt; ppsx; pps.
PeerMark is a peer review assignment tool. In eLC, you can create PeerMark assignments only in the Content area of a course by using External Learning Tool allowing students to read, review, and evaluate their peers’ work.
Draft Coach provides students with the opportunity to use Turnitin’s similarity tools via Google Docs, prior to submission.
For Help using our Turnitin tool in eLC
- Turnitin help materials for instructors
- Turnitin workshops & webinars
- Draft Coach help materials for instructors & students
- Turnitin Help for UGA
- Contact Turnitin for support
Click through the items below for more information on how to solve the identified problems.
- Be sure to select publish feedback to transfer grades from Turnitin to your eLC gradebook.
- Verify that both the assignment as present in Turnitin, and your eLC grade item have the same maximum number of points. Turnitin scores will not transfer back to eLC if the values are different.
Verify that the student’s submission contains at least twenty words. Assuming yes, you have three options:
- Ask the student to try again.
- Ask the student to send their document to you, and you will submit it on their behalf.
- Ask the student to send their document to you, and grade it without using Feedback Studio.
- You may have set Turnitin to not process files until after the assignment due date. To check your settings, edit your assignment in eLC, select Evaluation & Feedback then Manage Turnitin. If you would like to change your settings for this assignment, you can do so by selecting a new Similarity Report option.