Respondus Monitor for Students
- What is Respondus Monitor
- Preparing to take a Quiz in eLC with Respondus Monitor
- Respondus Monitor Support at UGA
Respondus Monitor is an added feature to Respondus Lockdown Browser that allows for additional quiz proctoring in the eLectronic Learning Commons (eLC). If you are not already familiar with Respondus Lockdown Browser, visit our eLC Help Page on Respondus Lockdown Browser for more information about this tool if your instructor has enabled it on your eLC quiz or test.
When enabled, Respondus Monitor requires students to use a webcam and microphone with LockDown Browser. After the exam is complete, your instructor will be provided with a report generated by Respondus Monitor in effort to ensure adherence to Academic Honesty and to maintain test integrity.
First, make sure you prepare for the quiz in the same way you would a normal exam. Focus on the content and making sure you’re ready!
Read and review these steps carefully before starting your quiz. Remember that Respondus Monitor is part of Respondus Lockdown Browser, so you won’t have access to this document when setting up your quiz. It’s a pretty straightforward “click through” process, but make sure you are familiar with the process prior to starting your quiz.
In order to take a quiz with Respondus Monitor enabled, navigate to the quiz in your eLC course. Your computer must have a functioning webcam and microphone. A broadband connection is also required.
Follow the steps outlined in the eLC Help Page on Respondus Lockdown Browser
- The Webcam Check will confirm that your webcam and microphone are working properly.
- The remaining steps of the startup sequence will depend on the setting chosen by your instructor. Follow the instructions on screen. Carefully review the expectations established by the instructions in the startup sequence.
- If you encounter a problem, select the It’s not working link for troubleshooting tips.
The quiz will begin after the startup sequence is complete.
If you have problems or questions downloading, installing, or taking an assessment with Respondus Lockdown Browser and/or Respondus Monitor, you have a few options for support.
- Not sure who to contact? You can contact your eLC Collaborative Admin.
- Follow this link to get additional support from EITS.
- The Center for Teaching and Learning is also available to assist in this process: Contact the CTL