Courses in eLC can be made "discoverable" to allow eLC users to self-enroll in a course.
By using the Discover option in the navbar on your eLC homepage, you can search for
active courses and self-enroll. Once a course is made available in Discover, it is
available for self-enrollment by anyone at UGA without restriction.
|Note: Discover tab does not work properly for cascading roles. Please login with your MyID account to self-enroll.|
- Requesting a Discover designation
- Self-enroll in a Discover course
- Self-unenroll in a Discover course
CTL manages the availability of courses in Discover. Self-enrollment is not available for academic credit courses. To request that your course be made available through the Discover tool, please email Ruth Poproski. In your email, please include a link to your existing Non-Athena course and a description of its purpose.
Users can self-enroll in Discover courses either by finding the course in the Discover list, or with a direct link to the course in eLC. If you have a direct link to the course, use that and skip to step 5 in these instructions. Otherwise, begin at step 1 and proceed.
- Navigate to the eLC homepage.
- From the navbar, click Discover.
- From the Discover homepage, do one of the folloing:
- Browse for the course by sections.
- In the search bar, enter terms that match the course title and description. If you
do not find what you are looking for, try using a different search term or click Browse All to view all courses.
TIP: From the search results, click Sort and choose a category to sort your results.
- Select the course you want to enroll in.
- From the course details page, click Enroll in Course.
- Navigate to the course from which you want to unenroll.
- From the (...) Options menu on the course details page, click UnEnroll.